Friday, September 11, 2009

Hot Dogs 'N Whiskey

We enjoyed hot dogs for dinner this evening. We washed them down with Whiskey. I had several nice Bourbons during the course of the evening.

Wild Turkey 101, Knob Creek (90 proof), Makers Mark, all mixed with as my friend Pete would say "good Bourbon, good Ice, good Coke".

The punchline is actually the build up to this dinner. Last night I knew we would have my daughter and probably a guest. I knew we didn't have much to eat in the house. I looked around and saw that we had 2 1/2 packs of bun length hot dogs, a can of baked beans and some buns. Thus hot dogs 'n whiskey was born.

We grilled out and enjoyed the hell out of a gorgeous summer evening and dined on Oscar Mayer and Van De Kamp. Mmmmm.

Just goes to show, even hot dogs are fancy if you are drinking top shelf Bourbon.

Maybe tomorrow I will skip the hot dogs and just have the Bourbon.

1 comment:

peter said...

mmm... that sounds good. the other night, kimberly and i enjoyed cincinnati-style chili dogs with a nice cabernet. and the recent colorado trip was well-lubed by two bottles of maker's and one of wild turkey.