Thursday, March 13, 2008

Acronyms

I work full time as the webmaster for a non profit organization that concerns itself with the world of ceramics. The organization publishes many books, one being an important scientific journal entitled: International Journal of Advance Ceramic Technology. We had, until this afternoon, a link on our website that read: "Member Access to IJACT". It has been there for over six months.
Today I get a rather breathless email from the director of journal publications telling me in a rather direct way to change the acronym as soon as possible. I didn't understand why at first. Then I read the acronym like a word. I Jacked.

My reply email was short but well thought out. "I will get IJACT off immediately.

Fun with words at work.

1 comment:

no duh, just wayne said...

what about , well it was perfect and i cant think of anything better ,,you said "member"!!!