Monday, February 25, 2008

Daddy got a Caddy

Today, with some help from my wonderful girlfriend, I got a used car. It is almost 10 years old, quite affordable and far from being terribly glamorous. But wait, it is a Cadillac, was taken very good care of, and is a pretty dark red color. This thing is pretty fast, quite luxurious, and solid as a rock. I am pretty happy with my new used car. From 1997 till 2001 GM made a car in Germany based on the Opal sedan and put the Cadillac nameplate on it. I am now driving a Cadillac Caterra from 1999.

I am counting on this car to ease my commute fatigue. I spend a lot of time behind the wheel, and the Saturn was starting to wear on my senses. The Saturn was loud on the road, lots of wind and road noise. The caddy is smooth and quiet. The Saturn wasn't very comfortable, the caddy is like driving around in my living room recliner (in leather of course). The list goes on, and even though this car is old, I feel spoiled and pampered while driving.

The old Saturn is now being driven by my daughter, she doesn't think the Saturn is very sexy, but she will get used to it. In the meantime, Daddy has a Caddy.

This is day 11 of blogging every day for 30 days.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Priest said...

FUCKIN' A!

Unknown said...

Sweet, sounds like a nice ride. Want to see it if you get down this way.